We’re excited to announce the return of movies to the State Theatre!
Tickets on sale now.
May 6: THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R) – SOLD OUT
May 7-9: THE COURT JESTER (G)
May 7-9: E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL (PG) Presented by Midco
May 8-9: TERMS OF ENDEARMENT (PG) Presented by Schulte Subaru
May 8: LATE NIGHT AT THE STATE: MOTHER (R) Presented by Weisser Distributing
May 22: BON JOVI FROM ENCORE NIGHTS (NR)
— DIRECTORS SERIES: WES ANDERSON —
May 6: THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL (R)
May 13 & 15: FANTASTIC MR. FOX (PG)
May 20: MOONRISE KINGDOM (PG-13)
May 27: ISLE OF DOGS (PG-13)
June 3: BOTTLE ROCKET (R) – presented by FILM DAKOTA
New shows are announced every Thursday.
GIFT CARDS are now available.
Click here to purchase today!
Coming to a movie at the State Theatre? What to know.
- All seats are extremely comfortable recliners with a table. They’re awesome!
- Our projector is a Barco 4k Laser – which means the picture quality is fantastic.
- Masks are required at all times, except when eating or drinking. #maskupSF
- No outside food or beverages are allowed. Movie theaters, like ours, survive on concession sales. Help keep us open by patronizing our offerings and keep yours at home.
- No alcohol will be served during matinees. It’s for the kids.
- All seating is reserved with social distancing rules in place. Two seats on either side of your seat(s) will be blocked off.
- Assistive listening devices are available upon request. Closed captioning devices are available depending on the film. Check with the box office if the film your visiting has that option.
- No one under age 17 will be admitted to any R-rated movie without the permission of a parent or legal guardian. Valid IDs must be presented upon request, and IDs will be checked at the theatre.
- No large bags, weapons or pets are allowed into the theatre.
HELP PRESERVE A SIOUX FALLS LANDMARK
The State Theatre in Sioux Falls is the only remaining downtown cinema.