Opening Dec 7: WHITE CHRISTMAS (1954 | NR) – Presented by AARP Sioux Falls
Dec 8: THE ROOM w/ Greg Sestero (18+) – 20th Anniversary Screening!
Opening Dec 8: HOME ALONE (1990 | PG | 4K) – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Dec 9 & 10: THE ABYSS: SPECIAL EDITION (1993 | PG-13 | 4K) – Special screenings of James Cameron’s beautiful 4K remaster!
Dec 9, 10, 14, 19, 22 & 23: IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946 | PG | 4K) – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Dec 11, 16, 17, 18 & 23: NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION (1989 | PG-13 | 4K) – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Dec 13, 21 & 24: ELF (2003 | PG | 4K) 20th Anniversary! – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Opening Dec 15: DREAM SCENARIO (2023 | R) – Nicolas Cage A24 New Release!
Dec 15: DON’T OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS (1984 | R) – Late Night at the State!
Dec 16, 22 & 23: THE POLAR EXPRESS (2004 | G | 4K) – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Dec 20: DIE HARD (1988 | R | 4K) – First PREMIER Bank Holiday Series
Dec 25-Jan 1: THE HOLDOVERS (2023 | R | 4K) – Critically Acclaimed New Release! — Tickets on sale soon
GIFT CARDS are now available.
Click here to purchase today!
Coming to a movie at the State Theatre? What to know.
- All seats are extremely comfortable recliners with a table. They’re awesome!
- Our projector is a Barco 4k Laser – which means the picture quality is fantastic.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed. Movie theaters, like ours, survive on concession sales. Help keep us open by patronizing our offerings and keep yours at home.
- All seating is reserved.
- No refunds on tickets.
- Assistive listening devices are available upon request. Closed captioning devices are available depending on the film. Check with the box office if the film your visiting has that option.
- No one under age 17 will be admitted to any R-rated movie without the permission of a parent or legal guardian. Valid IDs must be presented upon request, and IDs will be checked at the theatre.
- No large bags, weapons or pets are allowed into the theatre.
HELP PRESERVE A SIOUX FALLS LANDMARK
The State Theatre in Sioux Falls is the only remaining downtown cinema.