Current job openings
Sioux Falls State Theatre
Part-time Shift Supervisor
The Sioux Falls State Theatre is looking for talented, enthusiastic Shift Supervisor. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and are interested in providing excellent customer service, we would love to have you join our team!
The Shift Supervisor will assist the General Manager and Assistant Manager in the overall operation of the theater during showtimes and will serve as a brand ambassador who reinforces the goals, values, and mission of the State Theatre. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting with all Front-of-House functions of the theatre including but not limited to guest services, box office and concessions. The Shift Supervisor will also make sure theatre operations run smoothly in the absence of the General Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
Theatre Supervisor Job Description:
Hours: 15-20 hours/week, specifically on nights, weekends and holidays.
Theatre Supervisor performs ALL the following roles:
- Responsible for theater operations during box office hours and showtimes.
- Ensure that each guest receives a great movie-going experience.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to staff and volunteers.
- Implement and follow company standard operating procedures including; maintenance, cleaning & maintaining a safe environment.
- Fills in as needed in absence of a Theatre Associate.
- Make sure films run smoothly, including sound and masking adjustments, picture quality, etc.
- Supports General Managers decisions in communication with the staff.
- Spends time working in all theatre job functions.
- Reports the need for building, property, and equipment repairs to the General Manager.
- Promptly address and fix any technology issues that come up during showings.
- Properly account for cash, inventory, and all goods maintained in the theater.
- Ensure company policy & procedures are followed & implemented in day to day operations.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Proven leadership and motivational skills.
- Availability to work evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Displays a professional appearance and is a positive role model.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Equally comfortable communicating, negotiating, and working with guests, peers, direct reports, vendors or partners.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions requires certain physical standards to include lifting, reaching, bending, kneeling, ascending and descending stairs, and listening.
- High guest satisfaction expectations and focus.
- Resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and delegate projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Holds self and others accountable to consistently maintain high-performance standards.
- 1 year experience as a Supervisor or Assistant Manager REQUIRED.
- Availability to work during holidays, nights, and weekends with increased hours during peak times
Physical Demands: Walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, squatting and the ability to be on your feet for up to 5 hours at a time. Reaching, gripping, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting (overhead and waist level) up to 50 pounds.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be added at any time per the business needs.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.