Current job openings
Sioux Falls State Theatre
Part-time Theatre Associate
The Sioux Falls State Theatre is looking for talented, enthusiastic employees. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented startup environment, and are interested in providing excellent customer service, we would love to have you join our team!
All our employees are cross trained, so they can help and work in a wide variety of capacities. It is never boring working at a movie theatre!
As a part-time position, we are happy to employ students, retirees, and those with full-time jobs. You just need to be over 21 (we serve alcohol). We will do everything we can, within reason, to accommodate a wide variety of schedules. Staff will be required to work most weekends and holidays, as they will be some of our busiest times. While we work with everyone to make sure they have time with their families we also must make sure the theatre is staffed.
Theatre Associate Job Description:
Hours: 6-30 hours/week including nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities:
Theatre Associates are the face of the Theatre and an indispensable part of a team that provides the best possible experiences for our guests. YOU are the reason our guests keep coming back. You must be at least 21 to join us and take the fun of film seriously. We will count on you to always be friendly and enthusiastic as you help our guests.
Theatre Associates perform ALL the following roles:
- Cashier–work the register, handle cash, credit and debit transactions
- Concessionist– make popcorn, serve food and beverages to customers, sell alcohol, and enforce age restrictions
- Usher–serve as the gatekeeper and direct guests and enforce security protocol
- Ticketing agent–sell tickets, memberships, and gift cards, know the current film plots, and show times
- Superb team member–maintain cleanliness of concession equipment, counters, lobby, restrooms, and theater; have regular and consistent attendance; look the part with neat personal appearance and cleanliness; keep cool, courteous and efficient under pressure; wear a smile
Our Theatre Associates are:
- Excited to join our team and learn new skills
- Enthusiastic about the arts, particularly film
- Able to communicate clearly with guests, volunteers, coworkers, and managers
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done and create a great experience for guests
- Willing to have fun at a cool job
Experience in a restaurant, retail or another customer service/hospitality job is a plus.
Physical Demands: Walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, squatting and the ability to be on your feet for up to 3 hours at a time. Reaching, gripping, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting (overhead and waist level) up to 50 pounds.
Computer and online skills including keyboarding, using the phone, performing manual dexterity and fine motor skills for operating concession and ticketing equipment.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.